Installer Training Agreement
To become a Trained Installer of Specialist Door Solutions Ltd (Specialist Door Solutions) you must agree to the following terms and conditions of this Installer Training Agreement.
- It is expected that in Specialist Door Solutions offering this free training course and Trained Installer Status that the applicant would be loyal to Specialist Door Solutions and its brand.
- This training course is tailor designed to provide the installer the necessary practical and theoretical knowledge to correctly install the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range only and does not relate to any other products or systems outside of the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range. The training course is not intended to be exhaustive but is intended to draw the Trained Installer’s attention to those issues which Specialist Door Solutions, in its absolute discretion, considers to be material and specific to the assembly of its Product Range.
- The training knowledge is based on the Installation Manuals provided with the products when purchased and available on the website, as well as practical tips based on the experience of the trainer.
- The training course does not cover and is not in any way a substitute for safety training (or any other training for that matter) and it is the Trained Installer’s responsibility to abide by all mandatory, statutory, implied and accepted safety requirements and competencies in the industry. Specialist Door Solutions will not be held responsible for any damages or costs of any kind arising from any safety related issues with regard to the transport, cranage, handling or assembly of any of the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range.
- As the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range is sold in Kit Form only, and every site is different, and site requirements are different, this training course does not cover the transport, cranage or handling of the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range, and this will be the responsibility of the Trained Installer. For the same reasons, Specialist Door Solutions makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content of the training course and/or the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range is suitable or sufficient for any particular site or project.
- Specialist Door Solutions is not an installer and shall not be responsible in any way for the installation of any of its Product Range. The Trained Installer will be solely responsible for its own works which shall include without limitation any issues related to the transport, cranage, handling or assembly of any of the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range.
- Specialist Door Solutions will not be responsible or in any way liable for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising in connection with any works, acts or omissions of the Trained Installer. The Trained Installer shall indemnify Specialist Door Solutions (on a full indemnity basis) against all liabilities, losses, damages and costs suffered or incurred by Specialist Door Solutions as a result of or in connection with any works, acts or omissions of the Trained Installer.
- The Trained Installer will be committed to carrying out all assembly of the Specialist Door Solutions Product Range with the highest level of care, skill and diligence in accordance with this training course, the Assembly Instruction Manuals provided and best practices in the Trained Installer’s industry, profession or trade.
- The Trained Installer will be committed to carrying out rectification works at their own cost, should any workmanship that is reported to Specialist Door Solutions be deemed to be unacceptable, and Specialist Door Solutions has requested them to do so.
- The Trained Installer will be committed to loyalty to Specialist Door Solutions and its brand, and will report anything negative in relation to the same to Specialist Door Solutions, rather than to publicise this unnecessarily.
- The Trained Installer accepts that Specialist Door Solutions has the right to remove them as an Trained Installer (including any relating listing on its website) at any time and without giving a reason. Specialist Door Solutions will consider taking this action if (amongst other things) a breach of confidence arises, if an Trained Installer is not willing to carry out rectification works when Specialist Door Solutions has requested them to do so, or the Trained Installer has not been loyal to Specialist Door Solutions or its brand.